What do you feel when you hear the words “Covid-19”, “”Pandemic”, National Lockdown”, “Curfews,” “Social distancing”, “Long Term” ?
Many are experiencing feelings of urgency due to the negative impact this virus has on all sectors of our livelihood – personal lives, professional lives, family lives, and even the wellbeing of their extended families (pets). Some feel fear, dread, loneliness, frustration, confusion, discouragement, boxed in.
Covid – 19 is a serious virus that cannot be ignored, and all policies and procedures that the Government have put into place for our safety, must be upheld despite that many people (and pets) now probably starting to suffer from cabin fever.
Now if we say the words – “Let’s Train !” I am willing to bet a box of Benetos Dog Biscuits that a couple of smiles have emerged from our readers and maybe even a couple of wagging tails if said out loud.
Even with the
unsurety of National Lockdown levels and when and what will be permitted - K9 Academy can bring some normal back to
Let’s Train ! And the best part is you and your pooch won’t even have to leave your home or fear breaking any laws.
K9 Academy is
now proud to announce we have moved with the times and you can stay in connect
with us through Zoom, What’s App or Skype.
We are available for one-on-one consults, classes, addressing and
assessing certain behavourial problems, and discussing any concerns you may have
that are unique to your household.
Join us for a Zoom class (again from the comfort on your home – we suggest
the garden). Maximum of 6 people log on
and our K9 Trainer Moira Meyer leads the class and demonstrates with one of her
own dogs (so she has to work with all the same issues the students are
This setup is suitable for everyone, even the kids can participate, or more than 1 dog. It all depends how much focus will be required from all involved.
The reason we
have started online classes is to prevent any training you might have invested
in the dog before Lockdown from getting lost, building up the dogs current
skills set, building your confidence with you and your dog and the simple truth
is…..training is FUN and a tired pup is a happy peaceful sleeping one.
What better way to spend time with your K9
while under Lockdown and gaining the following:
happy food driven dog anxious to learn and please you
the process to a well trained, well balanced and polite dog.
a couple of tricks.
on games that will help your pup make “right” choices, while having fun and
burning off some energy.
stronger bond between you and your pup.
The word pup does not
only relate to young puppies.
With these online classes or individual class we can assess and recommend the best training course for your pup - whether he/she is six weeks old or six years old – so that neither your pup nor you will feel frustrated or stressed.
What you will need to do:
- Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org, download the form and send back to us
- Internet. We have students using their phones, tablets or laptops – all work well.
- The first initial online meeting will be approxiamately 30 mins long. It is advisable that the pup be fed a light meal a couple of hours before training as we need them food motivated.
- Not necessary but nice to have – dog bed, dog toy, clicker, stable small wooden box.
- Doggy treats. We can advise what is the best treat to consider depending on your individual dog.
- A good sense of humour. Let’s Train is all about getting the best out of your dog while having fun and strengthening relationship between you and your dog.
- No punishment, shouting, shock collars, prong collars etc. will be permitted.